December 12, 2017
Hey there, bride to be!
Whether you are in the first few days of your engagement (YAY) or in your few months (YAY), we all have an idea of what we want for our wedding day! It’s like we’ve been planning this day for years or something… Well, I was right there with you, and I knew what I wanted, and I knew what my budget looked like (WAY over, if I’m being honest). I thought everything was good to go… But I kept thinking about one thing…
I didn’t hire one, and my reasoning behind it was because I honestly didn’t have room in my budget. No room at all. I also couldn’t find a videographer that fit the style that I had in my head. The only ones I liked were for celebrities with celebrity prices, and, yeah, I’m not one of those… I put it to the back of my mind, and I was okay with the fact I wasn’t going to have one, and then a month before my wedding date, that thought changed.
I wanted a videographer.
Yep. A month before my wedding day; I decided I wanted a videographer. I knew it was a crazy thought, but I reached out to a few that were way out of my budget and most were booked, of course… But not one. We talked, he sent a contract, I signed and paid, and I now have the most amazing videos from the best day of my life.
Why? And how? And WHAT!? Yeah, I hear ya, let me tell you more…
The 3 Reasons, You Too, Should HIGHLY Consider Hiring a Videographer (even if it’s a month before your wedding)
- The Movements and Sounds that a Photographer Can’t Capture (YEP, I said it!)
- Being a Wedding Photographer, I knew that photographs were an essential part of the wedding day, but the more I thought about MJ and I and our relationship, the more I wanted to hire a videographer. If you know MJ, you know he is a funny guy and he is just one of those guys that can instantly put a smile on your face. Pictures capture that pretty well, but I wanted to hear his voice, see his expressions and emotions on our wedding day for years to come!
- I wanted to be able to hear the speech that my sisters gave at my wedding, I wanted to see my father daughter dance, I want to forever see the movement and hear the voices that played such a huge role in my wedding day! (One of my favorite moments of the entire day is my first look with my dad- brings me to tears every time!)
- Relive Your Wedding Day
- Once your wedding day is over, you are going to be left with two things: the photos and the video (if you hire one). It’s crazy how fast the entire day goes and as the months start passing little bits and pieces start to fade from your memory.
- Unlike the photos, you’ll be able to relive moments that you didn’t even know happened. See and hear speeches, the emotional first look, and the ceremony… Which brings me to my next point.
- The Ceremony
- I’m not going to lie, I don’t remember one single thing from the ceremony. Between the nerves and the excitement and every other feeling I had, I cannot tell you one thing that my pastor said to us during that time. BLUR. But because I hired a videoagrapher, I can relive my ceremony over and over again.
- THE most important part of the wedding day is the ceremony, and I have heard from so many brides about how they don’t remember a thing from that part of the wedding day.
- When the going gets rough, being able to look back and WATCH the best day of your life and be able to relive the vows and commitment you made to one another… It can make the world of a difference.
- Not only do you get to relive different moments from your wedding day, but you will also get a highlight film that will truly tell the story of your wedding day!
- IT’S LIKE A SHORT FILM and YOU ARE THE STARS!
- You’ll want a box of tissues every time you relive the best day of your life.
I could go on and on about why I believe you should hire a videographer, but I’ll leave you with these thoughts. Check out my wedding highlight video! If this doesn’t convince you to hire someone, I don’t know what will! (Hehe!)
P.S. Thank you Joshua Bryan Cinema for being a part of the best day of my life! You are amazing at what you do… You are beyond amazing, and MJ and I are so lucky to have had you film our wedding day!