July 17, 2017
Hello everybody!! This isn’t going to be your typical Mashup Monday because Corrin isn’t writing the post today. Today’s post will be written by…….drum roll please……… her husband (still so weird saying that)!!!!!! Corrin is out of town this week on a mission with members from her church back in our hometown, Poquoson. They’ll be in a low poverty area in Tennessee helping build houses for those who are less fortunate.
For those of you who don’t know me my name is M.J. Andrews. I teach third grade in Sterling, VA and it is my summer break so you won’t hear about hating Monday’s this week 😉 deeeee love you Corn! You would think with Corrin gone it would be a whole week of food, hanging with friends, video games, and star wars but I have a full time job this week. For those of you who don’t know or didn’t read last week’s blog post we have a new adorable puppy named Lily 😀 She is only 2 and a half months old so she requires full attention and training. She is currently in my lap while I type this because I can’t trust her to not chew on anything while i’m not looking.
As always, here are the lessons learned/events that transpired over the last week:
- I have to start out with being married is the best thing EVER! I never thought I could love Corrin anymore but after the ceremony there was just a connection in the air between us. She is the love of my life and makes me incredibly happy!
- Our honeymoon has to be one of the best memories I have. It was amazing! If you ever have a chance you have to go visit St. John, Virgin Islands. Corrin will be writing a blog post with more details soon!
- Next up…..Lily! Anyone that knows me knows i’m a total dog person. Ever since my last dog, Violet (see the flower theme?), died in 2011 I have wanted to get a dog of my own. This past weekend I thought my parents were stopping by my house to take me to brunch and I get to the car and there is a puppy in a box who immediately started licking my face. Instant love. Corrin has known since March about this! I found out she is good with keeping secrets…. I can’t thank my parents and Corrin enough for this truly amazing gift. It’s okay to stare at her pictures for hours or make her the wallpaper on your phone 😀
- For those of you who don’t know me I also like to read. Yes yes I am a nerd and read mostly fantasy and sci-fi. What does that mean? The books are giant and have multiple in a series. I recently decided to buy an Amazon Kindle since we have done a lot of traveling this year and next summer there will be a lotmore. I have always been an actual book, flip the page person but the Kindle is awesome! The screen font is like reading a real book and it is easy to hold with one hand.
- Speaking of next summer we have two big trips planned! We will be going on an Alaskan cruise with my parents, sister, brother in law, and their new baby girl. I have always wanted to do this and am so excited! We will also be going to Ireland for one of my best friends’ wedding! Love you Matt and Jane! We are going to spend a week or two an Europe and thinking Florence and Barcelona. If you have any suggestions let us know!
- Okay I lied. There will be some video game action going on this week. I’m obsessed with this game Rocket League. You control little cars and play soccer. Sounds crazy but instantly addicting. Tomorrow my best bud Nick is coming over to play some Rocket League and watch the new season of Game of Thrones!!!!!!! Shhh don’t tell Corrin I’m watching it without her.
I know these are longer than Corrin’s usual bullet points but figured you guys would be okay with it since it is my first time. She’ll be back next week to fill you in on all of her adventures! Lots of love everybody!