October 3, 2016
Happy Monday, friends! It’s finally October (my birthday month, cough cough)! If you know me, you know I love counting down until my birthday. Why, you ask? I have no idea, but I have a count down every year! 25 more days, if you were wondering! My favorite part about this year’s October was starting it off with a stunning wedding!
This weekend’s wedding was nothing short of amazing! I’ve known this couple for years; I graduated high school with Moriah, and Clark and I grew up across the street from each other, so to say I knew some people at their wedding would be an understatement. It was practically a Poquoson High School Reunion! It was so much fun seeing people I haven’t seen in over 5 years all while celebrating one of the best couples I know!
From start to finish, it was one heck of a party! I cannot wait to show you all of my favorites this week!!
As always, lessons learned/events that transpired over the last week!
- As a wedding photographer during a reception where lots and lots of alcohol is being consumed, always know that going on the dance floor to take pictures is a risk and your safety is not guaranteed… Bruises will more likely happen.
- I have found a new food obsession! I know I find one like every week, but this week’s is Kettle Corn made by BoomBoom Chick (I know that name is wrong, but it’s something like that)! I dare compare it to the kettle corn sold at the Seafood Fest for those of you that are from Poquoson reading this post!
- We got our engagement photos back last week, and I am dying. They are perfect in every way! I cannot wait to share them with you all!
- It is crazy to think that I only have 7 more weddings left this year!! EEK!
- If there are any photographers reading this post, I am looking for my workshop/learning experiences… anybody have any recommendations?
Well, that’s about it for this week’s Mash Up Monday!! Enjoy some sneak peeks from this weekend’s wedding, and stay tuned for Moriah and Clark’s wedding blog post this week!! There will be a new Dear Bride post and possibly my engagement photos too, so head back to the blog this week to see what’s up!