February 5, 2018
One of my first questions to MJ this morning was, “Should I still do my Mash Up Monday series?” With Facebook not sharing content to everyone and slowly starting to weed out business pages and posts, I’m finding it discouraging to blog- especially my Mash Up Monday series.
Blogging is harder then it seems. First you have to come up with a topic, then you have to find and think of content to say about said topic, and then you have to write it all out in a way where you don’t lose people in a matter of seconds… Hard stuff and it takes a good amount of time. The worst part? I don’t even know if anyone is actually reading these posts. Who actually cares?
This is my weekly struggle with owning my small business.
I’ll keep you up to date with my final decision, but we’ll see!
As always, lessons learned/events that have transpired over the past week:
- I’m in need of a good snow fall. Give a couple of inches, Mother Nature! This ice/freezing rain thing isn’t cutting it.
- Tacos will forever be the best food. Ever. I had tacos for at least 5 of my meals last week!
- Friends are good for the soul- keep them close!
- I finally ordered my wedding album… Over 7 months after my wedding! Order an album through your photographer, people! It makes your life SO much more simple!
- I met up with new and old photographer friends this weekend and we had so much fun! I finally have some new head shots! Yay!
- My favorite Super Bowl Commercial? It’s between the Tide commercial and the Eli Manning/Dirty Dancing commercial!
As my slow season starts to come to an end, I’m trying to soak in this time. This year is shaping up to be my busiest wedding season yet with over 20 weddings, engagement sessions, and trips! (The anxiety and stress is slowing coming and I’m trying to constantly remember to breathe and tell myself how lucky I am!)
I hope you all had a great weekend!